About Cadence Events
Cadence Events is a running and multi-sport race event organiser.
We are registered in England and Wales and our Company Number is 09279359. Our registered address is Gatcombe, 17 The Breach, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 5BJ.
This policy details how we collect and process your personal data when you purchase an event entry, or sign up to our newsletter via our website.
What data do we collect?
We may process certain types of personal data about you, outlined as follows:
- Identity Data may include your title, name, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your address(s), email address(s) or telephone number(s).
- Transactional Data may include details of payments you make to Cadence Events.
- Technical Data may include your website login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology across all the devices you use to access the Cadence Events website.
- Profile Data may include your Cadence Events site username and password, purchase history, preferences and feedback.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your communication preferences in relation to receiving marketing communications from Cadence Events.
- Race Specific Data may include details of Cadence Events races you have entered, race results, race photography and video footage.
During the race entry process, it is important for us to collect details of any existing medical conditions that you may have to enable us to inform the emergency services should you require medical assistance during an event.
How we collect your data
We collect data about you via several different methods including:
- Direct interactions: you may provide data by filling in forms on our site or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- enter one of our events
- create a user profile on our website
- subscribe to our newsletter
- provide us with feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to fulfil the contract between us; namely allowing you to participate in our race events.
- Where it’ s necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation(s).
- When you have consented to receiving marketing emails.
Who do we share your data with?
You can rest assured Cadence Events will not sell or share your data for profit.
There are some partners who we work with to allow us to provide our services and your data will be shared with them. Details of these partners and why we need to share your data are outlined as follows:
- Whats My Time provide our chip timing services. We provide them with race-specific competitor details to allow them to classify, capture and publish your race result(s).
- MailChimp and YouTube store personal data outside of the EEA however they are signed up to Privacy Shield which is a framework to provide companies with a mechanism to comply with European Data protection requirements when transferring and storing personal data in the United States.
We require these partners to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will Cadence Events keep my personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
If you have signed up to the Cadence Events newsletter we will keep your data until you request to unsubscribe, which you can do either by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of every email.
How do I access my personal data?
You are entitled to view, amend or delete any personal data that we hold about you. To do this, please contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
We may update this policy if;
- the services we offer on our website change
- how and what personal data we collect, store and process changes
- there are any changes to the data protection laws and regulations.